Best Cyber Monday Chromebook Deals 2019 [Updated]
If you do not have already got a Chromebook, it is time to exchange that. Cyber Monday brings a number of significant reductions to merchandise that you’ve got most definitely had your eye on right through the yr. There are a number of Chromebook choices to be had, so you will need to know what you might be on the lookout for from a Chromebook so you’ll assist your self purchase the suitable one. Whether you wish to have a brand new pc for paintings or need to take a look at out a Chromebook sooner than you get one on your youngsters, listed here are the most efficient Cyber Monday Chromebook offers you’ll grasp presently!
Best Cyber Monday Chromebook offers
- Lenovo Chromebook C330 ($179 at Best Buy)
- HP Chromebook x360 14b-ca0036nr ($250 at Target)
- Acer Chromebook 715 ($330 at Walmart)
- ASUS Chromebook Flip C433 ($370 at Best Buy)
- HP Chromebook 14-db0025nr ($150 at Target)
- ASUS Chromebook C425 ($320 at Amazon)
Lenovo Chromebook C330
Source: Ara Wagoner / Android Central
This deal bought out previous within the week, but it surely seems like Best Buy were given some extra inventory in, which is very good information for you advantageous other people as a result of if you wish to have a Chromebook that it would be best to use and revel in the use of for lower than $200, the C330 is your winner. The C330 used to be our Best Chromebook for a number of months this yr — and used to be most effective simply succeeded via its successor, the C340-11 — which is additionally on sale at Costco.
This 11.6-inch touchscreen Chromebook is the run-and-gun workhorse device I used as my day-to-day driving force for many of this yr as a result of it’s mild sufficient to slide in my backpack on every occasion I head to the theme parks. The battery can ultimate me 10 hours simply whilst I juggle Eight-12 tabs and now and again slip into my Android apps for some mild studying or Pyramids within the Microsoft Solitaire Collection. And due to an prolonged make stronger lifestyles, the C330 will will have to Chrome OS updates till June 2025.
Last yr’s Lenovo continues to be an excellent choose on sale.
This zippy little touchscreen Chromebook can ultimate 10 hours and may not overwhelm your backpack right through an all-day tour. This is the 32GB model, so I like to recommend the use of slightly of your financial savings on an SD card to amplify that, however in a different way, that is the easiest purchase for children and adults on the lookout for a a laugh little browsing-on-the-go pc.
HP Chromebook x360 14b-ca0036nr
There’s been a couple of other variants of the the x360 on sale, however this deal from Target takes the cake, coming in an entire $100 inexpensive than the now-expired deal from Best Buy and $50 inexpensive than Amazon’s present deal. This is the 4GB/32GB model, which will have to have the ability to maintain lengthy multi-tasking periods with grace, and the x360 14b is slated to obtain updates till June 2026.
With a protracted make stronger lifestyles and a pleasant glossy touchscreen, this Chromebook is able to paintings and play all day with 12 hours of battery lifestyles on a unmarried rate.
Acer Chromebook 715
This touchscreen Chromebook has a ton of inside garage, a complete keyboard with a host pad for when you wish to have to enter PINs, calculate stats or enter a complete month’s grades right through your lunch hour, and a rock-bottom worth this Cyber Monday. The 15.6-inch touchscreen is 1080p, and the battery can ultimate a complete faculty day after which some. At four kilos, this is not a Chromebook. You’ll need to raise it all-day on a daily basis except you have got a mild backpack with thick foam straps, however for round the home or enshrined on the place of work, this can be a great giant Chromebook and not using a great giant ticket.
This is among the few Chromebook fashions with a host pad on its keyboard, and with an i3 processor, 128GB of garage, and a 15.6-inch touchscreen, this device is waiting for grading time period papers or super-sized solitaire.
ASUS Chromebook Flip C433
This is an overly, very identical beast to the ASUS Chromebook Flip C434 that I used and adored all summer season, and whilst the C434 continues to be now not seeing many gross sales, you’ll grasp the C433 for nearly $200 lower than the C434 and nonetheless get an m3 processor, 4GB of RAM and 64GB of garage. The hinge pushes the keyboard up whilst the display is turned around previous 90 levels, which is able to irk some customers and please others preferring an angled typing enjoy.
This cousin of my favourite split-screening Chromebook is all the way down to an excellent worth for a sparkly 14-inch touchscreen that can serve you neatly for enjoying, operating, or each.
HP Chromebook 14-db0025nr
This worth is so low, Target can not display it to you till you stick it to your cart, and whilst you’ll grasp a non-touchscreen model of this Chromebook for $120 at Best Buy, I actually do suggest spendng that additional $30 for the touchscreen style, as touchscreen supplies an more uncomplicated enjoy when the use of Android apps or interacting with video games.
A 14 inch touchscreen, considerable port configuration, and make stronger till June 2026 make this an absolute scouse borrow of a Chromebook, with a variety of saving left over for a pleasant sleeve or microSD card.
ASUS Chromebook C425
Chrome eats RAM like yummy vacation fudge, and extra RAM is at all times higher. However, discovering 8GB RAM fashions of Chromebooks for lower than $500 has been much more tough than a needle in a haystack. This is the only to grasp if you wish to have an impressive pc that does not attempt to masquerade as a pill. The 14-inch display is excellent for multitasking, however I want it have been a touchscreen just like the C434. Also remember that once the lid swings out to be used, the hinge forces the again of the keyboard up, so fairly than mendacity flat in your table, it will be balancing at the backside fringe of the display and the ground pads at the base.
With the similar nice display, polished construct, and strong internals because the ASUS Chromebook Flip C434, you’ll save masses via choosing this robust clamshell over the 2-in-1 shape issue.
What is a Chromebook?
Source: Ara Wagoner / Android Central
Chromebooks are laptops that run Chrome OS, an working device designed and controlled via Google. It’s the extra polished and strong model of the open-source Chromium Project, which Google additionally develops and maintains. There are numerous misconceptions surrounding Chrome OS as a result of it all started as a web-centric consumer that could not do a lot when outdoor of a Wi-Fi community, however this does not dangle true anymore. These days, Chrome OS can run each Android apps and Linux apps, permitting it to do maximum if now not all the duties you’ll wish to do on a pc day by day.
What makes Chromebooks particularly engaging is that Chrome OS is optimized to run neatly even on lower-spec’d machines. While maximum Windows laptops beneath $400 will really feel and carry out like pudding after six months, even $250 Chromebooks just like the Lenovo C330 nonetheless run simply in addition to they did contemporary out of the field. This additionally implies that while you put Chrome OS on a extra tough Chromebook just like the Intel M3-powered Asus C434 or the i5-powered Pixelbook, you get a lightning-fast pc that may maintain all of the Chrome tabs and Android apps it’s worthwhile to throw at it.
Chromebooks are turning into an increasing number of in style in colleges and companies as a result of how neatly Chrome OS runs on price machines, in addition to how strong, and protected Chrome OS is. Google hosts a bounty program that can pay builders after they uncover and publish vulnerabilities to be patched, together with a $150,000 status bounty for a vulnerability that may compromise a Chromebook whilst in Guest Mode. Chromebooks additionally get up to date each few weeks immediately from Google, that means that regardless of which logo Chromebook you purchase, they are going to all glance, act, and get updates the similar means.
Who will have to purchase a Chromebook?
For individuals who basically use a pc to learn emails, test social media, pay your expenses, write the occasional screenplay in Google Docs, and blow time gazing movies, a Chromebook is best. Chromebooks are nice for paintings or play as long as your services and products both have a website online or an Android app, which in 2019 is beautiful same old. I have been operating full-time on a Chromebook for 2 years, and the one factor I ever omit is complete Photoshop for batch photograph enhancing my evaluate footage.
Source: Ara Wagoner / Android Central
What I truthfully love easiest about my Chromebook is that it is an “it just works” pc with completely 0 repairs. Updates are downloaded and put in robotically within the background when you paintings, and Google Play handles app updates. The Files app ties immediately into Google Drive, you’ll stay the whole thing synced and figure out of the cloud, however you’ll nonetheless stay your information offline in Downloads for when you wish to have to complete that e book record at the bus to college.
Chromebooks are particularly nice for more youthful customers for a number of causes, together with however now not restricted to:
- Because of the way in which Chrome OS is designed, it is a lot tougher to deprave or smash the device in comparison to Windows.
- Most Chromebooks are designed to move Google’s Chromebooks in Education sturdiness requirements, that means that almost all can face up to drops, have strengthened ports, and both a spill-resistant or pick-resistant keyboard.
- The decrease case letters on Chromebook keyboards are more uncomplicated to make use of for children who’re simply studying to learn and write.
- Touchscreen Chromebooks permit youngsters to have interaction with instructional websites via contact whilst nonetheless giving them an hooked up keyboard to kind out notes and homework briefly.
- Most Chromebooks ultimate over Eight hours on a unmarried rate, lengthy sufficient to get in the course of the faculty day.
What about Android apps on a Chromebook?
Chromebooks can not set up conventional methods to the core device — like you could possibly on a Mac or Windows PC — however they may be able to set up Android apps by the use of the Google Play Store. While now not each unmarried app on Google Play is suitable with Chromebooks, there are literally thousands of apps you’ll set up, from productiveness apps like Microsoft Office and Google Keep to leisure apps like Netflix and Disney+ to hundreds of thousands of gaming apps.
Chromebooks are the perfect laptops to obtain movies for offline playback for services and products like Disney+ and Google Play Movies that should not have desktop apps for Mac or Windows however do have Android apps. The Android apps can help you obtain movies similar to you could possibly in your telephone, however revel in them on a bigger display with out killing your telephone’s battery on that cross-country flight.
Can you play video games on a Chromebook?
Source: Ara Wagoner / Android Central
Most video games to be had on Android are to be had on Chromebook, so you are able to revel in maximum informal gaming in your Chromebook very easily. In truth, in case you are coming from a Windows pc, you’ll be able to even have the ability to stay your favourite recreation: Microsoft Solitaire Collection works nice on Chromebooks and is helping me get a snappy repair when my Pyramids habit flares up.
What about Fortnite? Steam video games? PC video games? Chromebooks can not set up Windows or MacOS methods, and the power to put in Linux apps like Steam is not to be had for each Chromebook — nor are Linux apps on Chromebooks as user-friendly as Android apps. Gaming choices on a Chromebook are getting higher, however it isn’t what you will need to get a hardcore gamer.
Chromebook Buyer’s Checklist
There are 5 issues you wish to have to believe any time you are looking to shop for a Chromebook, and there are two options you particularly want to concentrate on right through Cyber Monday when Chromebooks of each measurement, form, and age are on sale.
- Get a touchscreen — Chrome OS’s contact optimization is getting higher each month, and because many of the Android apps Chromebooks can set up by the use of Google Play are optimized for contact, you should definitely get a touchscreen style. Touchscreen fashions aren’t a lot more dear in 2019, and they’re 110% price it.
- Pick your measurement — In normal, the larger the dimensions of your Chromebook, the extra you’ll probably have compatibility at the display, however it’s going to even be much less transportable and shorter in battery lifestyles. Smaller, extra transportable fashions can be afflicted by decrease solution displays, regardless that Chrome OS’s show zoom and font changes relatively offset it.
- What options topic to you? — Chrome OS has the similar options, UI, and purposes on principally all fashions, because of this that you’ll be able to wish to center of attention on explicit hardware options that can assist you slim down your seek. Do you like a 2-in-1 or a vintage clamshell? Do you wish to have a large, shiny display for films, or do you wish to have a battery that can cross all day? Families with more youthful youngsters — or vacationers which can be susceptible to slips, spills, and injuries — would possibly need to glance to the rising choice of Chromebooks with military-grade MIL-STD 810G sturdiness or spill-resistant keyboards.
- Memory and garage — While “more memory is always better” holds as true for Chromebooks because it does for any pc, 4GB of RAM is okay for a Chromebook in 2019. Eight GB is healthier, however 4GB is okay. As a long way as garage is going, 32 GB of garage is workable, however I might suggest going with a style with no less than 64 GB of garage.
- Always test the expiration date! — Google updates Chrome OS for all Chromebooks. Still, Google does not need to be caught supporting each random price range chipset and driving force set without end, so each and every Chromebook has a shelf lifestyles and an expiration date, similar to the milk to your refrigerator! This is the Auto Update Expiration date, and it may be discovered for each unmarried style in this to hand dandy make stronger web page, which you will have to test for each Chromebook you have a look at.
We would possibly earn a fee for purchases the use of our hyperlinks. Learn extra.
(serve as(d, s, identification) (record, ‘script’, ‘facebook-jssdk’));
var facebookAsyncInitOrg = window.facebookAsyncInit;
window.facebookAsyncInit = serve as() ;