Dell announces new Linux XPS 13 developer edition 7390 laptop
Dell lately introduced the new XPS 13 developer edition powered by way of Ubuntu Linux and Intel’s 10th technology Comet Lake CPUs. The new software will quickly be to be had in america, Canada, and European markets. It is excellent news for each builders and Linux fanatic who needs Linux laptop with preloaded Ubuntu running methods. Let us see new Linux XPS 13 developer edition specifications and different data.
Adblock detected 😱
New Linux XPS 13 developer powered by way of Ubuntu Linux
Project Sputnik used to be a pilot mission that evolved laptop particularly for Linux customers and developer group. It is now within the 9th technology of the XPS 13 developer edition. The new 7390 laptops will co-exist along the present 9380 machine. Let us see what’s new on this edition:
These methods constitute the ninth technology of the XPS 13 developer edition and can include the Killer™ AX1650 (2×2) constructed on Intel WiFi 6 Chipset. The new 7390 methods will co-exist along the present 9380 XPS 13 developer edition.
XPS 13 developer edition 7390 laptop specifications
- CPU possibility 1: 10th Generation Intel Core i5-10210U processor (four cores)
- CPU possibility 2: 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10710U processor (6 cores)
- OS: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS preloaded
- WIFI: Killer AX1650 (2×2) constructed on Intel WiFi 6 Chipset + Bluetooth five.zero
- Screen: InfinityEdge show with most sensible digicam placement with FHD and UHD answer make stronger
- RAM/Memory: Up to 16GB of LPDDR3 reminiscence at 2133MHz
- Ports: 2x Thunderbolt three [DisplayPort / power delivery (4 lanes of PCI Express Gen 3)]
- See different main points right here
These Ubuntu Linux based totally builders and Engineering methods centered at customers who need Linux preloaded reminiscent of:
- Software builders
- Linux customers
- Sysadmin and different IT staff
Of route, one can take away Ubuntu and reload favourite Linux distros reminiscent of Fedora, Arch Linux and extra.
BIOS replace by way of Linux Vendor Firmware Service (LVFS)
Ubuntu 18.04 natively will notify you for XPS 13 BIOS updates. The machine will continuously take a look at for BIOS updates routinely. When an replace is to be had, a popup shall be exhibited to flash the replace by way of fwupd provider. So you don’t want Windows 10 at curious about this laptop.
The value for new Linux XPS 13 developer edition 7390 is $1,849.99 and one can order it right here on-line.
I believe this can be a very best machine for sysadmin, DevOps and IT paintings. You can run Docker natively and construct apps the use of Linux. However, Dell will have to be offering 32GB ram possibility for hex-core CPU. What do you assume? Would you buy it?