Have I got a #chemistry story for you! – Thirty-Seven
Thanks to the oldsters at Chemistry World‘s Chemistry In Its Element, I’ve gotten the danger to make use of my NPR voice to inform the tales of six compounds. How can a compound have an enchanting story? Link a bunch of atoms in combination. THE END. Ah, that’s no longer the story. The story is ready combating a illness. Or learning what landed all the ones other folks within the ER. Or finding out how we discovered that marvel drug. There are flash begins, gradual burns, dramatic endings, and cliff hangers. Below are the tales I got to inform. Click at the hyperlink and take a concentrate.
- Carminic acid – a pink dye with one hell of a historical past
- Methyl salicylate – a wintry weather’s story that burns (Want extra? Here)
- Sodium azide – makes airbags paintings, makes us…
- Cedrol – a pretty scent that would possibly save lives
- Brominated vegetable oil – ER doctors hadn’t noticed this situation in many years (What extra? Here)
- Haloperidol – researchers did make what they deliberate on – they made one thing some distance higher.
I hope to do extra of those podcasts – there are many some tales to inform!