Here are AT&T’s first real consumer 5G coverage maps
AT&T introduced nowadays that its 5G community will release within the first part of December. You can use it when you’ve were given a well matched Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5G, one among two limitless plans, and are lucky sufficient to are living in some of the 5 towns the place it is going to be to be had at release — or ten towns that may get 5G by means of early subsequent yr. Now, AT&T has additionally shared its preliminary 5G coverage maps, and we’ve integrated all of them on this submit.
AT&T claims it has two sorts of 5G already, however this 3rd one is the real deal, form of.
- You would possibly have observed a 5GE icon for your telephone — that’s if truth be told simply LTE.
- You can have additionally heard about mmWave 5G, which is what AT&T calls 5G+. mmWave 5G gives lightning-fast speeds, however extraordinarily restricted coverage (see: Verizon’s mmWave 5G coverage maps). AT&T’s 5G+ is not any exception, because it best works over A) a 5G hotspot this is best to be had to trade shoppers or B) a mmWave-compatible Galaxy S10 5G that’s now not to be had to customers, and C) is best to be had in “parts of” 21 towns.
- The maps beneath represents AT&T’s consumer rollout of standard, “low-band” 5G, which can have speeds that are “expected to be comparable” to LTE-Advanced, which is already only a speedier 4G.
Still with me? If so, right here’s how the rollout of AT&T’s 5G (the common, low-band type) will pass:
- In the first part of December, AT&T’s 5G will release in 5 towns: Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, Providence, Rochester, and San Diego.
- By February 2020, AT&T’s 5G will release in 10 extra towns: Birmingham, Boston, Bridgeport, Buffalo, Las Vegas, Louisville, Milwaukee, New York, San Francisco, and San Jose.
If you are living in a type of towns, search for a map of your town beneath to peer the place you’ll get AT&T 5G. We’ve grouped the maps into two classes: first is the December release staff, then the “by February 2020” staff, with each and every town in alphabetical order in each and every staff.
If your town isn’t indexed right here, it is going to more than likely have 5G coverage (once more, that’s the common, low-band 5G) inside the first part of 2020. That’s when AT&T says it is going to have national coverage with gradual, however real, 5G.
Available within the first part of December
Providence, Rhode Island
Rochester, New York
San Diego, California
Available by means of February 2020
Buffalo, New York
Las Vegas, Nevada
New York, New York
San Francisco, California
San Jose, California