Installation Guide of Linux Mint 19.2 Codename ‘Tina’ with Screenshots
Linux Mint is a contemporary, polished, easy-to-use and at ease community-driven GNU/Linux desktop distribution in line with the preferred Ubuntu Linux distribution. It is a brilliant and advisable distribution for pc customers switching from Windows or Mac OS X working device to the Linux platform.
The strong unencumber of Linux Mint 19.2 code-named “Tina” was once formally introduced by way of the Linux Mint building crew and it’s in line with Ubuntu 18.04.three LTS (Bionic Beaver).
Importantly, Linux Mint 19.2 is a longer term improve (LTS) unencumber to be supported till April 2023 and springs alongside with a number of up to date device, enhancements and a few new options and those come with:
- Improved kernel four.15 improve within the Update Manager.
- Ubuntu 18.04 bundle base
- Cinnamon four.2 and MATE 1.22 desktops
- MDM 2.zero
- Update supervisor
- Mint-Y plus many extra
This educational will information you on how you’ll be able to set up the newest model of Linux Mint 19.2 Cinnamon version to your devoted system or a digital system. The identical directions additionally observe for each Mate and Xfce desktop installations.
Download Linux Mint 19 ISO Images
First of all, you wish to have to obtain the ISO symbol from the hyperlinks beneath:
- Download Linux Mint 19.2 – Cinnamon (32-bit)
- Download Linux Mint 19.2 – Cinnamon (64-bit)
- Download Linux Mint 19.2 – MATE (32-bit)
- Download Linux Mint 19.2 – MATE (64-bit)
- Download Linux Mint 19.2 – Xfce (32-bit)
- Download Linux Mint 19.2 – Xfce (64-bit)
Once you downloaded most well-liked desktop version, you should definitely create a bootable media-USB flash/DVD the usage of Rufus application to be able to create an Linux Mint bootable USB force.
Installation of Linux Mint 19.2 Cinnamon Desktop
1. After making a bootable media, insert right into a running USB port or DVD force and boot into it, then, after a couple of seconds, you will have to be capable to see the display beneath and in the end a reside Linux Mint 18 desktop.
Double click on at the “Install Linux Mint” installer icon to start out the installer.
2. You will have to be on the welcome display beneath, make a selection the set up language and click on at the “Continue” button.
three. Next, make a selection your Keyboard Layout and proceed.
four. Then get ready to start out the true set up procedure, you’ll be able to test the check-box within the display beneath to put in third-party device for graphics, Wi-Fi hardware, Flash, MP3 plus many different media. After that, click on at the “Continue” to continue.
five. Then, make a selection the Installation sort as follows, to accomplish guide partitioning, make a selection “Something else” and click on on “Continue” to continue.
6. You should do a guide set up disk setup. To carry out a guide partitioning scheme, click on on “New Partition Table”.
7. Next, click on “Continue” at the conversation field within the display beneath to arrange a brand new empty partition desk at the arduous disk you will have decided on.
eight. Then make a selection the “unfastened area” that has been made to be had at the arduous disk to create new walls at the arduous disk.
nine. From the display above, you’ll see I’ve
42.9GB disk area, on this I can create two walls i.e.
switch. First, create a
/ partition by way of clicking at the
“+” button to create the
root partition on your Linux Mint. You will see the display beneath and input the next parameters and click on “OK”.
Size: 40GB zero13; Type partition: Primary zero13; Location for the brand new partition: Beginning of this areazero13; Set partition filesystem sort: Ext4 journaling report device zero13; Set the mount level from right here: /zero13;
10. Next, create a
switch the partition which is area to your arduous disk that briefly holds information now not actively being labored on by way of the device from RAM.
To create the switch area, click on at the
“+” signal, input the parameters as within the display beneath and click on “OK”.
11. After developing the entire walls, click on at the “Install Now” and click on on “Continue” at the conversation field beneath asking you to substantiate the partitioning scheme you will have set.
12. Select your nation location from the display beneath and click on “Continue”.
13. Now it’s time to arrange a device person account. Enter your complete identify, pc identify, a device username, and a excellent password. After that, click on on “Continue”.
14. The precise device information will now be put in to your root partition as within the display beneath.
15. Wait till the set up procedure is entire, you’ll see the conversation field beneath, take away the set up USB/DVD after which, click on “Restart Now” to reboot your system.
16. After rebooting, you’ll see the display beneath, click on at the username at the display and input your password to login to Linux Mint 19.2 Cinnamon desktop.
Hoping that the entirety went on smartly, you’ll be able to now experience Linux Mint 19.2 to your system. For any questions or additional info, you’ll be able to use the remark phase beneath.